Industry: Networking, IT, Computer Software
Position: Software Developer – Network Communications & C/C++
Type: Full time
Experience: 5+ years
Location: Ottawa/Gatineau or Montreal
Northforge Innovations (www.gonorthforge.com) provides software consulting and development services to companies that develop network communications products for network infrastructure, media systems and security addressing the need of the technological shift to the cloud paradigm. We focus on the acceleration, security, and accuracy of data packets. Our employees have a direct impact on bringing new technology to market and enabling success for our customers. Northforge provides a multi-cultural working environment focused on learning and continuous improvement. You will have the opportunity to learn new technologies, improve your technical and personal skills and work on a variety of projects at Northforge. We offer competitive salaries and benefits while we have fun streaming new ideas and products to the world.
Northforge is looking for a software developer to join our growing and dynamic team focused on enabling equipment suppliers to move from supplying proprietary hardware equipment to cloud software systems. The successful candidate will be involved in developing technologies such as SDN/NFV/VNF etc. This requires expertise in C/C++, Linux, RTOS, protocols, multi-core processing, etc.
- Experience in C/C++ development in networking software
- Extensive experience with Linux or RTOS
- Experience and deep understanding in switching, routing or security protocols
- Experience with packet processing and data plane/control plane
- Telecommunication or network communications domain expertise
- Experience or knowledge in multi-core processor architecture and programming
- Protocol experience in L4-L7 layers as TCP, SCTP, GTP, SIP, DIAMETER or similar
- Experience or knowledge in hardware acceleration using network processors for cyphering and key processing
- Security experience such as IPSec, SSL/TLS, VPNs, DPI, Authentication, etc.
- Experience with switch SDK
- Experience with Linux kernel or device driver
Personal Soft Skills:
- Highly flexible and adaptable personality.
- Able to participate and contribute to a dynamic team.
- Able to interact with customers and discuss their requirements and needs.
- Ability to view software from an architectural and system perspective.
- Proactive nature willing to take initiative and seek challenges in new technical areas.
- Ability to trace down and troubleshoot problems.
- Thorough understanding of the role and importance of documentation at each level of the development process, including requirements, design, coding and testing.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
Education and Experience:
- BSc or higher degree in CE/EE/CS or equivalent
- 5+ year experience of software development
If you have the required skills please complete our online job application below:
All Northforge Job Openings